Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Meet the newest addition to the rattery!

On Dec 27 we introduced the newest little girl into our rattery!

Rey (named after the female lead in the new Star Wars)
Born 10/21/15 Female
Dwarf  Dumbo Black Berkshire

She is my first dwarf and so itty bitty tiny. She is 9.5 weeks old and weights 50g. She is so adorably petite. At full grown she is only expected to get about 80-100g. Compare that to a standard female at around 300g give or take. She has an absolutely sweet personality. Very curious and friendly.

I am really so in love!




Because of her size keeping dwarfs with standards can be iffy. It really depends on the personality of your rats but just the size difference alone can spell disaster from little spats.

I will be keeping her with my females. I am lucky that they all have sweet personalities and have all been around babies her size. So I am confident.

Right now I have a female rat, Meg, who is pregnant. My thought at this moment is to add Rey in when Meg's babies are alittle older. Then when I intro the babies to my adult female rats, Rey can just slip in with the babies and all the attention won't be just on her lol. After quarantine I will probably slip Yuna in with her until then. Yuna is my little runt girl who is still fairly small. She is 3 months old currently and bigger then Rey but still fairly small size.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...