Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sleep Well My Sweet Apollo

Tonight I said goodbye to my baby Apollo. It is never easy to say goodbye. Rats have such short lives and you know that but you always hope and it always seems too soon.

He got very sick very fast. One minute he was perfectly fine and the next everything just fell apart. Literally overnight I lost him. The only positive was that I got to hold him and pet him. I rubbed right behind his ear, which is always a favorite scritch spot. I told him that he would not have to suffer anymore and that he would soon be with the Goddess and only know beauty and love.

I got Apollo with his brother Blue, at the beginning of this year (2015). They had been pets to a girl and needed to be rehomed. I had gladly taken them in knowing that they were already older. They were sweet and loving boys -to people...

They were at times quite aggressive with other rats though. I had a badly failed intros with my other boys and then they began fighting with each other! They had to live alone for a while. But with perseverance, I was able to reintro them to one another perfectly. Sadly now Blue is left all alone again :( He is already acting heartbroken. This will not be an easy road ahead.

I loved Apollo so much. He was the sweetest boy. Whenever I would have them out playing, the moment he would see me he would run right to me and want to be picked up. Then he would give me licks. He majorly loved his treats too.

He will be so missed. My heart feels so empty right now. I love you Apollo.
Blue (L) & Apollo (R)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...